From one of the most iconic DJs of our time, Moby
presents his memoir Porcelain
-- a funny and harrowing account of the NYC club scene in the '80s and '90s. When Moby arrived in New York, he was not only a poor, skinny kid from Connecticut, but also a Christian, a vegan, and a teetotaler. This was during the time when dance music was still largely underground in clubs like Palladium, Mars, and Limelight. By the end of the decade, Moby contemplated the end in his career and put everything into one last project -- the multimillion-selling album Play. Porcelain
is both a chronicle of a city and a time and a deeply intimate exploration of finding one's place.
• This is a program based around Moby's memoir Porcelain,
not a musical performance.
• Moby will only be signing copies of Porcelain.
He will not be signing any merchandise.
• The book must be purchased from the Booksmith in order to participate in the signing line. Books will be available for purchase at the event.
• Regarding photos: You can take a photos of Moby in signing line or during the program, but NO posed photos or selfies with him will be allowed.
• Doors open at 6pm. The program will begin at 7pm, and the signing will be held after the program.
• Wristbands for the signing line will be given on a first come, first served basis upon arriving at the venue. However, the signing could take several hours to complete. Personalizations are not guaranteed.
• This is an 18+ show. Please bring photo ID.
• Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. Please bring photo ID.
• Tickets are for standing room only. If you require a seat, please contact The Booksmith at least two days before the event at email@example.com.
will be available on May 17th, and you can pick up your book at the event during check-in. If you would like to coordinate in-store pick up ahead of time, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.