How is it almost October already? Well, this means that it's time for The Guardian's Best of the Bay again, so vote for us, ok? It's kind of a weird poll to have at all this year... They say:
We wrestled with the idea of continuing Best of the Bay this year, with so many of our favorite spots struggling, shutdown, or permanently closed. In the end, we decided that it's essential to bring the community together to celebrate its resilience, pay respects to legends, and energize ourselves for the fight to continue. Please vote in the below categories for who or what you think deserves to win, even if that business is closed.
I suggested that the poll should only be open to businesses that closed this year, but I guess that's too dark.
Anyway, categories for your consideration:
- Best Streaming Show: DNA Lounge Live Webcast
- Best Takeout: DNA Pizza
- Best Pizza: DNA Pizza
- Best Overall Bar: DNA Lounge
- Best Dance Company: Hubba Hubba Revue
- Best Theatre Company: Hubba Hubba Revue
- Best Performance Space: DNA Lounge
- Best Live Music Venue: DNA Lounge
- Best Nightclub: DNA Lounge
- Best Dance Party: Bootie SF, Turbo Drive, Cyberdelia, So Stoked, Wasted, Sequence, Death Guild...
- Best Burlesque: Hubba Hubba Revue