16-Mar-2020 (Mon)
Wherein DNA Pizza is delivery-only during lockdown.

We didn't have time to get something printed, so check out my sweet freehand sign-painting skills, AKA, "don't quit your day job."

It's our biggest drink special ever. Sign. Our biggest drink special sign ever.

Anyway, the Mayor's lockdown directive said that it was ok for restaurants to stay open for deliveries, so we're giving that a try at DNA Pizza. The dining room is closed, but our delivery hours are now 4pm to 10pm every day. Find us on Postmates, Doordash and Grubhub.

As I've said before, historically our delivery business has been very light, so we're not sure whether this is really going to work out... but we're going to give it a try for a week and see how it goes. This the closest thing to income we have right now, and it lets us give our employees some much-needed shifts.

I figure after a couple of days of eating your prepper cans of Spaghetti-Os or whatever you're gonna need to get you some pizza, right?

So please, order from us!

Also, it would really help if you would leave some positive reviews for us on the delivery sites, since that impacts our position in their lists.

If you're reading this on Monday night, tune in to the webcast -- we are in the midst of a webcast-only DJ set for Death Guild's twenty-seventh anniversary. And we've turned the Snark-a-Tron back on so that you can request songs and harass the DJs: we haven't activated the Emergency Snark-a-Tron Network since back in the Liveournal days.

UPDATE! We now deliver liquor and pre-mixed cocktails!

1. spoonyfork says:

Anyone want a DNA pizza? I’m quite a bit out of the delivery range but thought it might be fun to pay for someone else’s dinner. Perhaps you know an overworked healthcare employee and what they like for toppings.

2. Michael says:

All the best. Fingers crossed from north of the Border.

In related “news”. Berlin’s clubs have been shut down as well and they’ve banded together with ARTE (a cultural TV French / German tv channel) and are starting streaming from the clubs tomorrow:

Pretty much all the clubs / bars / restaurants in Berlin are shut down since the 13th.

3. pd5rm says:

Can you get listed in the slice app (https://slicelife.com) as well? It’s supposed to give restaurants a bigger cut and is the anti-Uber pizza app. :-)

P.S also donated directly a couple days back. I don’t support DNA lounge enough these days due to having a little kid and baby sitting hassles. Anyways all the best.

4. Z says:

I tried ordering pizza but I'm too far out of range :(. I live in the crocker-amazon neighborhood of SF. Any way this can be fixed or am I just too far?

I wish I knew. I can't even tell what our delivery radius is let alone how we can set it, on any of these sites. They are all relentlessly terrible.

5. argy says:

maybe you can deliver drinks now...

See#5

6. Eric says:

Hey uh... I'm trying to get my ticket for a covid-19 cancelled event transferred to a new date.. sorry to spam the blog but the person @orders email is really not helping out. I'm not sure what's the point of me marking DNA lounge as a fraudulent charge and then just buying the new event later, instead of just having my ticket transferred.