12-Mar-2020 (Thu)
Wherein we're on lockdown.

Per recommendations of city and state authorities, all DNA Lounge events have been cancelled for at least the next three weeks. This is a huge disappointment to all of us but the health and safety of our community must take priority. We will be making announcements about rescheduled dates and/or ticket refunds as information becomes available.

Stay safe, and wash your damned hands!

Now would be a great time for you to contribute to our Patreon or make a one-time donation. Even though we're closed, meaning that we have lost 100% of our income, we still have a lot of expenses that are not going away: rent, insurance, taxes, permit fees... We're also still paying our employees while we're closed. Depending on how long this crisis lasts, this could end up leaving us on the hook for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Don't let DNA Lounge be one of the COVID-19 fatalities...

Honestly, I don't know how DNA Lounge is going to survive this. We've been barely hanging on by a thread, and this is really kicking us when we're down. The billion-dollar multinational corporations who have taken over the majority of San Francisco's live music venues have war chests to get them through stuff like this, but we sure don't.

UPDATE! I should mention that DNA Pizza is still open for the time being. I don't think we'll have any trouble keeping the restaurant below the recommended occupancy... And just a reminder that We deliver! Find us on Postmates, Doordash and Grubhub.

UPDATE UPDATE! DNA Pizza is now open for delivery only, but the good news is, we now deliver liquor and pre-mixed cocktails!

1. Monica McLemore says:

Omg

2. Dani says:

Please let us know about refunds i just bought my vip ticket to the DG anniversary earlier this week

3. andrew says:

That totally sucks even though it's understandable. Happily raising my Patreon commitment for a bit to help out.

4. Different Jamie says:

Hey, we should hold a big benefi-

hm. Nevermind. Going to bump my Patreon thing up, too. I know I don't make it in that often, but please don't go away.

5. Joseph Shelby says:

donated. all i can do from where i'm at (the east coast), but i respect the venue and its mission and the honesty of it all, so there we are.

6. Fred Velvet says:

Maybe instead of demanding refunds, fellow patrons who've already bought tickets could just let go and consider it a donation to help the club.

7. Dude says:

Here's to you guys opening back up soon. I've only been to one DNA show this year (the first StarCRASH - which I loved) and I'm eager to get back out there.

ALSO: cool that DNA Pizza delivers now. Have you guys considered joining Slice? I've found a lotta cool indie pizza joints through them.

8. Z says:

i'll donate and join your patreon, i really hope you guys dont close down. any way to get relief from the city for this??

Maybe? There has been talk of some small business assistance being available, but without a lot of specifics so far.

• Z says:

"California is looking to support small businesses through its Office of the Small Business Advocate by offering access to capital programs like special disaster assistance, according to an email from Lenny Mendonca, Newsom’s chief economic and business adviser."

Can try contacting this office?

this fund also includes small buisnesses: https://sf.gov/give-city-respond-covid-19
        if you can contact them

9. Michael says:

Come in if you're not a coward!