14-Dec-2016 (Wed)
Wherein Christmas came early.

Look, this happened! Today must be July 1st!

The action we are now reporting may well bring the war within measurable distance of its end. Here is the newsflash.

1. Trista Musco says:

hope you'll get it fixed up before new years. or santa con. though truthfully i kinda want to see photos of drunk santas falling into it.

2. nice the city installed an extra toilet and a smoker's lounge out front.

3. We have a moral imperative to fill that pit with balls.

4. Jacob says:

Oh, you eternal optimist, you. All this means is that you'll have a gaping hole and a port-a-potty in front of your club for the next 6-9 months.

5. Stewart says:

Doubleplusgood.

6. Geoff Smith says:

i particularly enjoy the dna sign framed between two cones. maybe start a satirical talk show with that title.

7. TravisD says:

"Now you have two problems"

8. MattyJ says:

That's the worst parklet ever.

9. Ryan Russell says:

Well, the squeaky wheel gets the parklet location excavated.

10. Doubleplus ungood

11. SFNative says:

I can only think of exploring the historical landmark part of the DNA Lounge. I know it's a stretch, but maybe even starting a non-profit to fund music, the arts, and overall weirdness of the city and write grants to facilitate the building expenses of the enclosed non-profit. Fundraisers and Marketing an angle to the other neighborhoods to showcase the long history of the lounge. i understand that would ruffle the reg'lars, but there won't be anymore reg'lars unless people outside the current circle understand just how historic the DNA Lounge is. I know I grew up with it on the lips of my uncles, aunts, cousins and friends yet only stepped foot in there once.

I'm just shotgunning ideas here. I hope my flailing helps out. I think I'll grab a niece to watch our kids and we'll come down for a drink as paltry as that sounds.

12. Naomi Flynn says:

First I want to thank you for all the memories that you and our beloved DNA Lounge has made possible! Second I think since you are a bar and a lounge that you should contact John Tafffer with Bar Rescue, not to change DNA LOUNGE, but to help you out! DNA Lounge is the first place my daughters were able to actually stand on the stage to perform! That's a moment that will never be forgotten! I am going to request Bar Rescue to come help save a place that is simply within our DNA! We never want that to change or go away! Good Luck! God speed! We love The DNA LOUNGE!