24-Aug-2016 (Wed)
Wherein you may now resume puking.

The new drum of Spill Magic has arrived, so you may now vomit with impunity. During the unfortunate period when we had run out, we asked you to kindly refrain from vomiting on our floor, and I know that was a terrible hardship to most of you, but those dark days are now behind us. Carry on.

Oh hey, how's that construction going, that required our parklet to be removed more than two months ago? Well, I think they spray-painted a couple of lines on the sidewalk at the opposite end of the block a couple of weeks ago. Other than that, nothing.

Why hasn't anything happened? They don't answer. When is work starting? They don't answer. What will that work be? They don't answer.

SFMTA and SFDPW, you are bad at your jobs and you should feel bad. A pox on both your houses.

I really want to just re-install our parklet and see how long it takes them to notice, but I don't have the money to burn on art projects like that any more. However, if anyone out there happens to have a few wooden shipping palettes and a ratty couch or two, we can replace it with the jankiest possible substitute. Call me. Let's make this happen.

1. Jim Sweeney says:

There needs to be a cartoon commercial for Spill Magic... with a cartoon wizard, and puking club-goers, and the word "PRESTO!"

2. Jim Sweeney says:

3. Pat McCarthy says:

I'm completely shocked that the MTA/DPW are this bad at their jobs.

And by shocked, I of course mean the opposite of shocked.

4. MattyJ says:

If you tool around the outer sunset on trash day, you can easily find some nice street furniture to deck out the new parklet. But since it'll still look like trash on 11th, maybe someone would just end up taking it.

5. Xander says:

I do have a very ratty couch, but I live in Florida, and I know that you wouldn't pay shipping for a trash worthy couch. Maybe watch craigslist?

Awesome, you have managed to combine two of my least favorite internet responses! The "I totally would if I wasn't in another state ha ha" and the "did you try googling it?" Well done!

• Xander says:

I would love to link to the infamous Congratulations video, but I think that is a little too cliched.

6. Matt Heck says:

I've landed in Vegas, Zawinski. Like, permanently. Oh, man. You should see what road crews are like here. As near as I can tell, they're actually warring tribes. Something to do with them all being privatized and mostly working for the various burbclaves. They have everything but the roadblocks.

Anyway. I think you should rip the bench seats out of a couple of SFPD cruisers and use those. Just sink some foundation pilings to hold them in place, maybe add a few wraps of Gaff tape.

Also, any thoughts on tech hangouts in Vegas? There's SYN Space and the Gold Spike, of course, those are OK. Oh, and Grouchy John's. You'd like the logo. I should probably send you a shirt.

Cheers,