12-Feb-2016 (Fri)
Wherein our bathroom sign rides eternal, shiny and chrome.

A while back, some fine, upstanding citizen snapped the arm off of the women's room sign. Thanks, jerk, those signs are expensive. So instead of having the whole sign re-cut, I drew a Furiosa arm and had just that manufactured. The color isn't quite right and the glue is messy, but I guess it gets the idea across.

Some photos are up. Star Girls was really funny, and, like I may have mentioned before, if "Star Wars burlesque" is not something that makes you drop everything and go then we can't be friends.

On the other end of the spectrum, oh look, we had Dirt Nasty. I'm deeply fucking embarrassed that we booked this show, but the contract was signed before I got wind of it, so I couldn't put a stop to it. I just don't have any tolerance for that kind of fratboy "dirtbag" act, "ironic" or not. If you're a "pretend" dirtbag -- you're still a dirtbag.

Just like Death in June: if you've made your career out of "ironically" "pretending" to be a nazi, guess what buttercup, you're a nazi.

But hey, almost twice as many of you showed up for Dirt Nasty as for Star Girls, and I weep for the future.

Star Girls
Point Break Live
Fritz Montana
Mickey Avalon & Dirt Nasty

1. extra88 says:

I'm sure both bands suck, I know nothing about them, but by that logic the members of GWAR are intergalactic genocidal warriors.

2. Q says:

Hanzel und Gretyl excepted?

3. Now the men's room sign needs a bite cage around the head.

4. Where does Groovie Man sit on the dirtbag/irony axis?

5. Dan Brownson says:

Fuck yes. Furiosa bathroom sign.

6. Im a pretend dirtbag

7. Narr says:

I went all the way to SF and walked to Code Room and the DNA Pizza sign outside says 24 hours, the website says 24 hours, but the place was boarded up. Huh. I remember you saying you might cut back hours, but you should probably put something up about that at your business. Also, I can see why it's boarded up when it's closed. Would you prefer steel shutters?

• Narr says:

Code Word, shit, now I sound even more clueless. Maybe next time I'm there I'll just dial numbers into a phone and ask if you're open before I head out.

Well, the DNA Lounge location of DNA Pizza is still 24 hours, but currently the Codeword location is mostly 5pm-3am, Mon-Sat, because we have no customers and we're out of money and in massive debt and everything is terrible. Sorry you wasted a trip, though...

8. Mike Williams says:

If your second club is an abject failure and you are in massive debt with no money, why are you talking trash about and and spurning shows that draw people to your club? I saw the show. It was great. A lot of people were there. They bought the over priced drinks and ate pizza on the way out. How do you reconcile this with your above reply?

"Well, the DNA Lounge location of DNA Pizza is still 24 hours, but currently the Codeword location is mostly 5pm-3am, Mon-Sat, because we have no customers and we're out of money and in massive debt and everything is terrible. Sorry you wasted a trip, though.."

Have you considered that the club's woes are your fault? That with your management style of talking trash about performers that bring people to your club you are guaranteeing it will fail? Beggars can't be choosers after all

Some people don't regard money as the one and only measure by which the merit of a thing can be judged. You might want to give that a thought some day.

If my goal was only making money, I guarantee you I'd have nothing to do with the nightclub industry. Are you kidding me? And if the only way the business can make money is by booking things that I'm ashamed to be a part of, then the business has failed, regardless of whether it's profitable.

It's nice that you liked that show, but your taste is in your ass, and I want nothing to do with that kind of crap.

And yes, the club's woes are all my fault. That's what happens when you build a thing. Maybe some day you can show me how it's done.

• Mike Williams says:

Insulting a paying customer. I can see your years of experience running a successful business in the service industry has taught you the important lessons. It must be working out great for you......