25-Jun-2004 (Fri)
Wherein photos are presented.

Photos are now up of KMFDM + Black.Japan, and of the Naughty Nursies show. Best line of the evening, from Jason: "If I have to tell one more clown to put his dick away... I mean that's so wrong! He's a clown!"

1. belgand says:

Kimo?!? Bah, I wanna see Kibo in a loincloth!

2. nzchrisb says:

Wow the new camera certainly seems to be working out well. I’m lusting after the same body to fit the lenses I already own. I’m sick of scanning slide, dust sux or blows or something.

3. fzou says:

Ok, so last night I saw QBert here in Canberra, and although it was good, I kept thinking of something I recall you writing about him, about it being akin to him mastubating with the turntable. Google isn’t being my friend this evening, however. At least he played for a whole 40 odd minutes. Hella longer than what you guys got!

I’m also glad I was photoguy, because I got the best views on stage. I couldn’t believe how … yeah, I’m sure he gets enough shit for his height. Did he have trouble convincing the doorstaff that he was indeed older than 21, and now, his ID wasn’t fake?

I like some of your photos. Some of the reds are bit blown out, but eh, that’s only a small matter of dicking around with the whitebalance in the GIMP or Photoshop or whatever.

That red level is post-dicking.

It’s also after having multiple fights with out lighting guys along the lines of “stop using solid red all the fucking time!”, and even making them go install more stage-facing white lights that are tied into the reds on the board, so that when it’s red it’s not totally red.

They’re fucking nuts for red. More beatings are due.

• fzou says:

I know you’re not completely pr0no for nightclub photography as say, a nightclub photographer would be, but if you do get your hands on a Canon Speedlite flashhead (I remember reading that rzr_grl has a 550EX?) and read this fairly in-depth guide on flash photography with Canon EOS cameras, then you may be able to get around the red crap, to a certain extent. I read that guide late Friday night, talked about it at my photography class Saturday morning, and used it later Saturday night reasonably effectively.

I do know that you are utterly and 100% pr0no for irretrievably sinking money into your club, so lightheartedly, I suggest that you investigate rigging up a big strobe lighting setup so that every time you take a photo, blinding white light fills the club, reminding your patrons that you are taking a photograph and guaranteeing a perfectly exposed shot.

4. chromal says:

That new digital camera was definitely worth whatever you paid for it. I’m not precisely sure what the watershed moment was– probably the Canon EOS-1Ds, but daaaamn, it is now the case that digital >= film for color photography.

5. uzr_zero says:

dude u have a wicked site i love the way u set up the links on the right im not sure if i found the secret or not have anything to do with the pattern? like 20205010 or something any way just thought id tell u thats agreat lj and site =)

6. omarius says:

KMFDM! Dude! That’s awesome. If I started a club and KMFDM played there, I’d feel like I was George Fucking Washington. You deserve a special T-shirt.