3-Apr-2013 (Wed)
Wherein you get a second shot at Prince tickets!

We've decided to make a few more Prince tickets available! A small number of tickets for all four shows will go on sale Friday at Noon, so get ready...

There will be no tickets available at the door, sorry.

Also, we are taking some strong anti-scalping measures for these shows, so please don't let yourself get ripped off.

In political news, the Western SOMA Plan is finally law. That took eight or nine years. We had a little celebration at DNA Pizza last night, and way more people turned up than we expected! Here's what CMAC said about it:

Yes, you read it right, after almost a decade of work, the Western Soma Plan has been signed by Mayor Lee on Tuesday. CMAC played a large role in making the plan more entertainment and hospitality friendly. For the first time since the 1980s entertainment venues on 11th Street, like DNA, Slim's and Beat Box are (as of right) legal and no housing can be put on that block. They have a more secure future, can expand, evolve and keep competitive thanks to CMAC leadership and huge community support. Celebrate on Tuesday April 2, 2013 at DNA Pizza from 6 to 8 PM with Supervisor Kim and her staff along with the many neighbors and merchants who now have a up to date zoning plan.

We're happy to have entertainment actually be allowed on 11th Street again (instead of being grandfathered in as "existing nonconforming", which it had been for many, many years). There are other good changes in the rezoning too, like, Folsom St. is going to be two-way instead of one-way. I believe the changeover is moving from 12th St. down to 7th St., which should make those blocks much less menacing to pedestrians and bicyclists.

Some photos from our GDC-heavy last week:

Pow Pow
Gamer's Ball
Pow Pow 2
Bootie: DJs From Mars

1. Honkerous says:

I'm not an urban planner... nor an SF resident... Heck I don't even live in a city. But I'm wondering how making a street bi-directional will make it more pedestrian friendly. Seems to me to make a street pedestrian friendly, you make it one lane one way and expand the side walks.

Currently it's 4 lanes in one direction, plus 1 bike lane and 2 lanes of parking. It's basically a freeway. People go slower when there are 2 lanes of traffic in the same direction than when there are 4. Here is probably more than you cared to know.

• Honkerous says:

Currently it's 4 lanes in one direction

Woah. I had no idea Folsom was such a major street. Goes to show how little I know about SF. And thank you for the link.

2. Rob G says:

So if they're kicking all the traffic off of market st... how the hell are people supposed to get in and out of that area of the city with any efficiency. I live in SF, don't own a car, but most other people do. Especially those coming from other places. Gotta wonder how this will affect traffic and efficiency.

3. Les EFf says:

Prince fans are wondering how things will go on Tuesday and Wednesday, line-wise. We've done this before, but then so have you. What's the plan?

4. Rachael says:

Does anyone know what the "strong anti-scalping measures" mean? My friend is buying a ticket off Craigslist. Every Prince show I've been to (9 now), you had to be the person who bought the ticket or with that person to get in. What's the deal here? Does anyone know?

Don't buy tickets from scalpers. They are scum. Do not encourage them.

• Rachael says:

I completely agree! I have no intention of buying anything from them. I just freaked my friend out, though, by telling her about my past experiences and I'm trying to figure out whether she's getting scammed or not. It seems like people could just pick up at the door that day,then pass off to the next buyer. Again, not encouraging, just trying to look out for my friend, who really wants to go but couldn't get tickets.