30-Jan-2013 (Wed)
Wherein your dazzles are well and truly razzled.

Check out this video I shot earlier today of the progress on the Room Four Dazzle Camo (detailed here). Devon and Trista have been doing an amazing job painting this. There are going to be a few special spots in the room where the lines converge to hide the edges of the walls! One of them is "leaning against the far end of the bar", at around 0:11 in the video, and the other is "standing in near the middle of the dance floor", at around 0:22. Look closely in that last one, that's actually 3 walls you're seeing there but it looks flat. This is going to rule.

Hey, some photo galleries! Actually a few of these aren't really photo galleries but links to Youtube clips, but that kinda counts.

The Model Experience
Y3K
DAMSF
Dangermaker
Cool Story Bro
Battle of the Bands
Battle of the Bands
Battle of the Bands

1. Rob says:

It appears that UMG have blocked the video in Australia, on account of being complete dicks: http://i.imgur.com/xqwo6Jj.png

(Presumably there's some auto-DMCA action going on as well.)

• phessler says:

Surprisingly, it wasn't blocked in Germany.

• Ryan Finnie says:

There is no audio when I listened to it, presumably YouTube just disabled it in the US.

I assume jwz will soon be going back and replacing the audio with 009 Sound System - Dreamscape, just like every other damn video on YouTube.

It played fine for me at first, then it stopped playing at all -- even when on the Youtube page. It wasn't even "there are ads", it was fully blocked. Assholes. So I checked the box that said "disable audio", and for several hours the audio was not blocked and would play fine -- but eventually they caught up and now the audio is gone.

This bullshit is some bullshit.

Anyway, the audio that I tried to put there, that I thought was very funny, was Daft Punk: "The Grid", starting at 0:12 and fading out at the end. If any of you figure out a way to re-upload the video with that audio mangled such that it's still understandable but Content-ID doesn't recognize it, send me a link to your copy.

Rumor has it that putting the left and right channels out of phase works. I haven't tried.

2. Pavel says:

There is going to be so much vomit.

3. James C. says:

It looks like a migraine! Which is completely awesome as long as you’re not having one.

4. James says:

The Cool Story Bro photo set is spectacular.

5. Jon Lennox says:

Is that black and white video, or have you really removed all color from the room?

6. Thomas Lord says:

That's so.... so what it is that I'll bet there will be people who buy clothes based on how they'll look against that backdrop (e.g., on that couch).