10-Dec-2011 (Sat)
Wherein urine sounds better with you.

Turns out that our headlining DJ last night, Alan Braxe, has a bladder control problem. That's the generous explanation for why he decided, in the middle of his DJ set, to turn around and piss on our back-wall curtain instead of using the restroom which is twenty feet away.

After his set, when we had tossed him out, he was aghast that we chose not to let him back in. We said that we'd be happy to let him in if he paid us what it was going to cost to have the curtain cleaned. He declined. Also he threatened to sue us. "For what?" I inquired. "Because I wouldn't come out and talk to him," Barry tells me.

Well, good luck with that.

Update: If you are tuning in to this story late, you might want to read my followup as well.

We also have a few of the fabulous new R. Black 11"×17" posters for That 90s Dance Party (coming up on the 23rd) for sale in the store. Ten bucks! And there is no urine on them at all.

1. Patrick Berry says:

How much are they with urine? Asking for a friend...

2. Geoffrey Smith II says:

I, too, am curious as to how much sepiatone versions cost.

3. Ryan Russell says:

See, things like not letting artists piss anywhere they like is why promoters won't book shows with you.

4. Mysterc says:

The best part was when he told me that I would be named in the suit, and one of the promoters who overheard said, "He is ALWAYS in a suit."

5. captain18 says:

Please tell me the phrase "Urine trouble now, mister!" was uttered sometime during the proceedings.

6. spam mehard says:

So he pissed on your stupid carpet, big deal. Try not to be so right-wing reactionary next time. I think I'm done with the DNA lounge and their fascist policies.

Also, depending on the agreement between the club & M. Braxe, as well as the extent of his bladder control problem, there is a definitely a cause of action under the ADA. Corporations such as yourself can be severely punished for discriminating against those with medical conditions such as this.

• KidHack says:

you're an idiot. the bathroom is 15 feet from the stage. plus, he didn't piss on stage once, it was THREE TIMES and into cups which he then tipped over. if he has a bladder problem than he should have a catheter bag or not DJ cause his DJ set sucked. maybe you're into golden showers from semi famous people, but I lost major respect over the course of his set. if someone pissed all over my living room i'd kick the shit out of them. sounds like DNA is being easy on him for pissing three times on stage, which is unsanitary to say the least and extremely rude. barry, the manager that night, is one of the nicest guys, least "fascist" guys in the club industry and if you think he and the rest of DNA management doesn't know law, then you're a fool.

• charlesmanson says:

He's trying to say that DNA made all of this up to generate publicity. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

7. Max George says:

someone pass the popcorn please

8. KidHack says:

one word. DEPEND.

9. Nikolai Romanov says:

What do you expect when the event is called "Blow Up"

10. Jered says:

Hey, you made the popular music press, as such!

He's also now saying that it's a "complete fabrication", a "personal attack", and they're taking it "very seriously indeed." I hope that seriousness includes your dry cleaning bills? I'm much more inclined to believe you than some superstar DJ.

• 205guy says:

Said press has a reading comprehension problem, to wit:

"Please note the top comment on the post: "How much are they [the curtains] with urine? Asking for a friend..."

11. Kevin Moxcey says:

Contrary to popular belief, Alan Braxe is, in fact, a Golden God.

12. tdigweed says:

DNA has cameras everywhere, so if it happened there would be video! Lets see it.

• Steen says:

Where he would have been performing The Act In Question, there's a bunch of DJ gear between him and the cameras.

13. charlesmanson says:

I can't believe this is all you have to say lately. Just wait until they come along and stick you in a FEMA detention camp just because your club has at one time or another played some "Anti-American" music. Haven't you heard about the NDAA dude?

14. richard newland says:

Hey Wussy,
    The club is called the DNA Lounge! Go Maury on that curtain so you can go "Alan Braxe you are the pisser!"

15. Sam says:

Apparently it is a french thing...We wouldnt understand