15-Jul-2011 (Fri)
Wherein we've been doing this for a decade!

This Wednesday, July 13th, was the tenth anniversary of the re-opening of DNA Lounge under the current regime. I can't believe I've been doing this for a decade!

(The 25th anniversary of the club itself, of course, was on DNA LOUNGE DAY: November 22, 2010. Have you bought your 25th Anniversary poster yet?)

Since Friday the 13th, July 2001:

Total events:   2,041
Total live shows:   729
Total bands:   1,858
Total djs:   2,048
Events per month, this year:   20.1
Live shows per month, this year:   8.9
Events per week, this year:   4.7
Live shows per week, this year:   2.1
21+ events this year:     41.5%
21+ events since 2001:   79.5%

If my calculations are correct, we've had about 1.04 million people through our door in that time. I guess that means we had our one millionth customer some time in mid-February, 2011. Maybe it was you.

ONE MIIIIIIIILLION DRUNKS!

I'm having a hard time accepting that number.

Some photos are up from last week:

Tonight: Trannyshack's Kylie Minogue tribute, with a look-alike contest!

1. James McWilliams says:

At least your competitors this round aren't using a competitive monopoly to put you out of business.

Congratulations, and I still wear my DNA Lounge T-shirt. Oh, a note, thank you so much for choosing Beefy-Ts over those fall-apart-after-5-washes junk most people have.

2. Al Iverson says:

Would you do it all over again, knowing what you do now? Or would you run screaming in the other direction?

• Jamie Zawinski says:

There's certainly a lot I'd have done differently, that's for sure. Mistakes Were Made.

3. mentallilll says:

"about 1.04 million"? It's a mibidrunk!

4. John Bloom says:

You've mentioned in the past that you weren't happy with how few live shows you got to do. Are you getting close to happy with that number these days?

• Jamie Zawinski says:

Well, those "live show" numbers are seriously inflated by the fact that Bootie's house band plays two or three times a month. Not that they're not band, but A) that's not the focus of the event, and B) it's the same band every time.

In terms of doing what you'd think of as "concerts", with a headliner band who is the primary attraction of the event -- we still do very little of that.

5. mrbill1234 says:

Wow. Has it been that long that i've been following your gruntles and blogs? Seems like yesterday that you were clearing out the old DNA lounge and building the new one.