14-Jul-2010 (Wed)
Wherein a warning is delivered.

I should warn you that ticket sales for the Lords of Acid / Thrill Kill Kult show tomorrow have been high, so you would be advised to buy yours before it sells out!

I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully it will look something like this:

And this:

If you have seen TKK before, you will be interested to know that this is their "full band" configuration. They sometimes play a more stripped down set, which, uh... well it's not that!

Long-time readers may recall that the above Thrill Kill Kult video was one of the primary visual references we used when designing this place, so I'm always glad to see them back here again.

Also, yesterday was the ninth anniversary of our re-opening of DNA Lounge in 2001. So happy anniversary to us. The current stats:

Total events:   1,883
Total live shows:   635
Total bands:   1,019
Total djs:   1,897
Events per month, this year:   20.2
Live shows per month, this year:   10.5
Events per week, this year:   4.7
Live shows per week, this year:   2.5
21+ events this year:     40.0%
21+ events since 2001:   81.9%

Our 1024th band will be Embryonic Devourment, opening for Origin this Sunday.

The 25th (!) anniversary of DNA Lounge itself is coming up this November, and we've been trying to come up with ideas of what kind of event to have in honor of that. Suggestions welcome...

1. manintheboat says:

Please let me know how that show goes, we're thinking about attending Denver.

• chuck_lw says:

Holy crap. I saw those two bands at something called the Sextacy Ball here in Denver ... um ... over a decade ago.

Which means that the junior high school girl who tried to seduce me at that concert is an adult now.

Hmmmmm...

Yeah, that woulda been 1995.

• pavel_lishin says:

I think I saw her at a different show in Dallas a few weeks ago. She might have suffered a traumatic brain injury, though, because it looks like she still thinks she's a junior high school girl capable of seducing people.

I think she was looking for the Mindless Self Indulgence show.

• chuck_lw says:

I remember a few dressed kind of like that at the Sextacy Ball (including guys). Maybe it was a uniform of some sort.

• manintheboat says:

Yea, they're doing it again. I missed that round, I think I was traveling.

That wasn't me, even a decade ago I was still barely legal.

• chuck_lw says:

I take it you're not quite young enough to make jokes like, "So you're the one who wet your pants and ran away like a coward shrieking 'JAILBAIT! JAILBAIT! JAILBAIT!'":-p

2. fantasygoat says:

Time flies when you're insanely frustrated!