29-May-2007 (Tue)
Wherein you look at photos, mourn clowns, and buy tickets.

Some new photo galleries are up: Meat, Bohemian Carnival, See Colin Slash, and Little Yellow Perfect.

And, with that, Bohemian Carnival is no more. Apparently they were tired of losing money on the event every month, so they called it quits. I can symphathize, but unfortunately, they decided to tell us after this month's event, "oh, by the way, we won't be here next month", thus leaving us a bit over three weeks to find and promote a replacement, or else be dark on a Saturday. So, that was, what's the word I'm looking for? It's the opposite of awesome.

Next month we're doing a Big Payback; let's hope a couple weeks of promotion is enough to get people to actually show up.

In better news, the Me First and the Gimme Gimmes show this Thursday is almost sold out! Buy your tickets now if you plan on coming. (Please note, despite what the flyer says, Groovie Ghoulies won't be playing, as they just broke up!)

1. remaker says:

The opposite of "awesome" is "sucktastic."

2. You know, generally (I thought) people announce their "final event." That way there's better turnout and they can at least say that they didn't lose money on *every* show. Or maybe I'm crazy.

• g_na says:

Along those lines, do you have some sort of contract with promoters who do recurrent shows? If so, can you include some sort of clause about having to give n days notice before the last event so this doesn't happen again?

3. wisedonkey says:

The Groovie Ghoulies broke up? After like a zillion years? I find that hard to believe.

4. mc_kingfish says:

My fabulous new neck is ready to help.

5. djverablue says:

some of my pictures are of the gothsicles....i'll seperate them into folders when i give you the disc of larger images (sorry its taking me so long....i've been actually having to do work at work)

6. ammonoid says:

While I would like to feel sorry for the bohemians, my one experience with those guys was that the music sucked. People twirling things/fire/contorting things, ok, nice, but not when its backed to some horrid rap music.

Did ICP somehow permenently make the clowns = rap connection or something? I didn't get it.

• baconmonkey says:

I'm not sure I ever recall having heard Rap at that party, and I worked nearly all of them. what manner of crack were you smoking that night?
      The closest I can think of to rap, was Kid Beyond's amazing live looping beat boxing. Well, there was some other guy who did some flute-based beat-boxing that was pretty.... dull.