5-Nov-2006 (Sun)
Wherein those monsters just jump right out at you, brrrrrrr!

Halloween photos are up now. It was a great turnout! We thought it might be light, being on a tuesday, but apparently you all have more Halloween stamina than we expected. The crazy oversized-skeleton people pictured here were my favorites. In this year's costume economy, Jokers were trading up sharply, while Tim Burton characters experienced a significant downward correction.

1. Fabulous pics.
    Though, looking at them, I feel like I wasn't even AT this event.
    So much fun stuff went on that I didn't see.
    Le sigh.

The oversized skeletons were my favorite, too! So neato.

2. defenestr8r says:

how is the "u got the look" cover? and is it on the new album? i haven't heard it.

you should go see them when they play up there next month and decide if you want them for pop roxx. they sounded interested.

It's ok. I have it on (the embarassingly-named) "Electro Goth Tribute to Prince".

• defenestr8r says:

that is a horrible name. i have some other tribute album called "If I Was Prince" which is both grammatically incorrect and also not a very good album.

3. deadmoose says:

Who wound up winning the costume contest?

My Halloween stamina ran out when it kept getting slower and slower to drag people on stage for that.

I don't really remember, I think it was Frankenstein? Giant costumes always win.

My picks would have been: skeletons; mars attacks; prince. But the public is often wrong.

• deadmoose says:

The big problem I had with the skeletons was that I'd seen one of those costumes a week or so ago doing the "give me $5 and you can have your photo taken with me" deal on the streets of SF. All I could think of was panhandling every time I saw them.

• defenestr8r says:

you know, when i lived in london, "punks" in leicester square often ask for one pound for a photo. i thought it was akin to panhandling until japanese tourists started asking me (in london and in SF) to take a picture with them. at some point i started to think i should be charging if i am going to be someone's curiosity or attraction.

• No, it was the skeletons!

4. ammonoid says:

I liked the Benders and the headsucker guy, personally.