24-Oct-2005 (Mon)
Wherein photos and bustedness are noted.

Photos are up of Meat and of the Voltaire + Jill Tracy show.

Jill Tracy was awesome, as always. I enjoyed the between-song banter of Voltaire's set more than the actual show, because while he's a funny guy, I generally don't like comedy music. Especially when it's filk. Yeah, that's right, he performed accoustic guitar songs about Star Trek. That sort of behavior hurts me real bad inside.

You may have noticed that the RealVideo webcast hasn't been working for the last few days. The upstream server isn't responding, and I have no idea why. Nothing has changed, so I'm hoping it just fixes itself eventually.

Don't forget, Halloween is Saturday!

1. usufructer says:

Unfettered optimism like that is why people still read you. One minute it's the grim meathook future, and then you pull somehing like that out.

2. tiff_seattle says:

Your data closet looks like some relic from the 1950's.

3. violentbloom says:

hmm well so sounds like voltaire was everything feared it would be from casey's description...
    despite her enthusiasm along with others... it just didn't sound like my kind of fun.
    And on a skool night.
    besides thanks to your archive I can listen to it and abort at any time it becomes too painful.

• defenestr8r says:

i'm glad i wasn't the only one who has never heard (of) him. maybe it's a generational thing.

yes, i just said we're old.

• cje says:

I stumbled (not literally) across him when he played at Bookdocks on Barry's birthday this year. Caught the end of his show and was very entertained. Hence my enthusiasm for this show. For those who don't mind the sc-fi references in a song or three, seeing him is HI-larious. And he's very personable, so long as you're not a jackass.

4. ambar says:

Goddamnit, I'm going to miss Rosin Coven.

5. strspn says:

Some day, a stoner with a harmonica will take up the topic of furrysuit sex in iambic pentameter.

You must prepare yourself for that day.

6. What's happening under the blue light in this photo?

And who are the "living dead girlz"?

[j]

7. defenestr8r says:

sa-tur-day!

woohoo!
    maybe you wanna hide those top shelf liquors....

8. cje says:

Can you email the photo of me you took?
    Just curious to see how it looks.

9. rm76 says:

You disappoint.. I was expecting something much more..... well errrm exciting?