11-Mar-2004 (Thu)

If you're not in the US or Canada, you can still get our loot by sending us a money order. Also, tickets for the Aslan Faction / Psyclon 9 show are on sale now.

State Assemblyman Leno has introduced Bill AB 2433, which (as mentioned previously) would move San Francisco's last call from 2am to 4am. The bill will have its first public hearing on April 22.

Please send email in support of this bill! The more public support that can be shown, the more likely the bill is to pass.

Send your email to assemblymember.leno@assembly.ca.gov and assemblymember.yee@assembly.ca.gov with the subject, "I support AB 2433". Don't forget to include your name and address, as that is necessary for emails to count at the State Assembly.

The SFLNC site lists some important points that you might want to mention in your email.

1. jagger says:

Do we have to be from California to email?

• harryh says:

No, just be prepared to have your communication searched for fruits and vegetables at the border.

• c9 says:

A few years back on the way to Burning Man for the first time, we were stopped at the northern CA border (we drove down from western Canada) at the little fruits and vegetables protection agency stop, and they made fun of us for declaring our peeled baby carrots.

I don't know. Normally I'd guess "yes", but since this affects tourism, maybe they care what outsiders think too.

2. primroseport says:

Shot an email off just now *salutes*

3. merlinc says:

Given that I unfairly, and drunkenly (but still politely) ranted at your bar staff for not serving me alcohol after 2am ... I probably should shoot off an email in support of this. Even if they don't care about foreigner's opinions.

4. You'll end up with a drunk and belligerent Schwarzenegger wandering in at 3:50 am with a gubernatorial demand for a cosmpolitan and house music.